Tuesday, February 10, 2009

encouragement, glimpses & thanks

I wrote Shauna Niequist (author of Cold Tangerines) thanking her for her words & sharing with her about how she is a big part of my life... (and she wrote back!)
Obviously you know how much I love her book & how it has inspired me (if you don't, you probably haven't been reading my blog... here, here & here).  But more importantly, Shauna shared the Gospel with my husband back when he was a senior in high school in Chicago!  Scott never really remembered the exact people God was using in his life during that time to share with him the Truth of God's Word.  But when I was reading her book, he saw her photo on the back & memories returned to him of her sharing with him & how she was apart of God graciously bringing him into His Kingdom.

Dear Kristen--

Thank you for your message, and for the warmth and kindness of your words. Thank you as well for sharing a glimpse of your story with me as well...the world is so small, and there are so many connections we never know about. Please give my greetings to your husband, and again, thank you for your encouragement. It means more than you know.

Blessings on your day, whatever it may hold--
Warmly--
Shauna
Its true how small our world is, and how big our God is. I love getting the opportunity to see how He is working, fitting each piece together into a beautiful masterpiece. I'm thankful to be able to be apart of sharing a glimpse of what God is doing with someone else.  

God does so much!!!  He is constantly working-- I just don't want to miss it!  I want to make sure I'm slowing down enough to open my eyes to see Jesus.  And to choose to be apart of it.

How have you seen God today?

No comments: