1. I’ve made a few really good life-changing decisions… best decision #1 chose to ask Jesus Christ into my life as my personal Saviour at age 5 with my mom by my side, leading the way as she always has done ☺
2. best decision #2 chose to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, Scott Bryan Ebsen, July 10, 2005—we’ve been married for over 3 ½ years now! I liked him (a lot) from day one!
3. best decision #3 chose to join full-time staff with Campus Crusade for Christ in 2006, working on college campuses around the world as a spiritual resource for students—telling them about the hope & joy found only in Jesus. I love my job! I get to spend all day face-to-face with people, talking about the most important thing.
4. back to my husband… my sister “introduced” us my freshman year of college (Scott’s junior year)—officially we met on a Campus Crusade for Christ spring break trip to Daytona Beach—yea 'El Caribe'!!! (a lot of couples have met there! Its magical)
5. I always liked older guys and always knew I would marry a man 2 years older than me… and I actually did! I usually always liked my sis’ friends, maybe that’s why I said that, who knows?! …It just seemed like the perfect age apart …or maybe I’m just that mature… ☺
6. Getting married in the summer of 2005 means that I was married my senior year of college (Scott was graduated). Obviously there were some hard things about that—but it would have been hard to not be married when we were ready to be married too. So, I do not regret that decision, at all!
7. I really like international food; Italian, Thai & Indian… specifically carbonara, arrabiata & tiramisu (Italian), pad Thai (the best is from Teak Thai!!!), & Tikka Masala with a side of naan (Indian).
8. I don’t like to eat dessert unless its chocolate. For me, I’ve concluded its just not worth getting fat unless its chocolate…then its worth every pound.
9. I’m obsessed with Western Europe. I love everything about it. I’ve only been to Liverpool, England & Rome, Italy—but they’ve changed my life! I love the history, the buildings, the cities, the arts, the food, the music, the public transportation, the way of life, the people, the languages… I could go on and on…
10. If you didn’t pick this up in #9 I’m obsessed with cities. I begged my mom all through junior high & high school to move to Chicago… we didn’t… now I’m working on Scott ☺ Yes, I know I live in Oxford, Ohio. The Lord has different plans than me & I am more than fine with that & willing to follow His plans & not mine.
11. I love photography. Which is why I chose to be a studio art/photography major at Miami University. Who wouldn’t want to have their homework be one of their favorite things to do?? I love capturing memories & God’s creation & sharing how beautiful it is with everyone.
12. I really like movies, no, love movies. If I start watching one, its really hard for me to not finish it. That probably means I like closure. I have to know the ending. And I only like it if it’s a very happy ending. Enough bad endings happen in life, why do I need to see a fake one in a movie?
13. I’m a big component for living every day as if it were your last. We don’t know how many days are left in our life. All we know is that we have today. That’s what God says in the Bible, and I choose to live that way so that every day is my favorite day—living to not miss out on seeing God & glorifying Him.
14. Because of #13 sometimes that means I wear the same outfit multiple times a week (especially if I’m seeing different people!) Why wouldn’t you want to wear your favorite sweater or hat on the best day of your life?! (also another reason why I love Europe #9… they own like 5 really nice outfits & will were the same thing all week, love it!)
15. …my favorite days also include my husband. He really is my best friend, and no offense to anyone else, but I have the most fun when he is around.
16. Details really matter to me, in so many ways. I love seeing how God reveals Himself in the details & knits things perfectly together.
17. When I was little I had a New York accent… no idea where that came from. But people thought that I was from NY & very confused when they found out I am from Cincinnati, Ohio & no relation to NY.
18. If there is a British spelling of an English word, I like the British spelling better. It kinda makes more sense too, the way you say it. Examples: Saviour, behaviour, etc.
19. Ok, I blog. Depending on who you are I’m slightly embarrassed. But I want to explain myself either way (maybe you'll start one!)… Its great for keeping in touch with friends on deeper things & it helps me process (which I can forget to do) & it keeps me accountable to create art—because I want to share things with people. Accountability is big, because if I don’t have anything to blog about… its probably because I’m rushing through life & missing out on what God is doing in it. And I like to read other people’s blogs too. I’ve gotten some really neat ideas from them.
20. I’m a passionate person. I can easily get fired up about things I’m passionate about. Examples: the Spirit-filled life (if you don’t know about this, PLEASE ask me! It will change your life, seriously), using your gifts/passions for God’s glory, creating welcoming environments, including people. But Scott says I get passionate about everything.
21. I’m very fair. I do not like cheaters or unfair situations. I give equal servings of food (or more to others). I like to follow the rules (unless its a rule that is meant to be broken or its silly or unimportant).
22. I literally can’t lie.
23. I don’t like to play games unless I know I have a chance of winning. So I guess that means I’m competitive. I always thought I wasn’t. But that’s only cause I don’t want people to be competitive with me if I’m not good at it.
24. I love decorating, cooking & traveling… so I like watching all of that on TV—A lot of HGTV & the travel channel.
25. it took me a while to actually sit down & do this—and then to finish writing out all 25 because… #25 I hate pressure!!! And I felt pressured to think of 25 great/interesting/fun/etc. things about me that you would actually want to read... Know that I am not pressuring you to write 25 things about you… but I honestly do really enjoy reading about you!! …way more than writing all this about myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment