Tuesday, February 17, 2009

don't lose heart

"Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded to you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul." Joshua 22:4-6

We are called to...
To observe the commandment of the law.
To love the Lord your God.
To walk in all His ways.
To keep His commandments.
To cling to Him.
To serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

How do I do this?

It's a choice.  Without continually choosing Jesus, we will lose heart.  We will give up, we will burn out.  We won't wait.  We will fall into apathy.

We have to choose to cling to Jesus.  Choose to serve Him.  We have to give up the things that we hold onto so tightly instead of Him.  When we let go, we are then able to cling to Him- our hands are free to do so.  Jesus is our only certainty in life.  He will always be there.  He is the answer.  

It is by the power of the Holy Spirit that He strengthens us to be able to be rooted & grounded in His love- to comprehend what is the breadth & length & height & depth- to know the love of Christ that surpasses all knowledge.  Jesus can do far more than you can ever ask or imagine.  Do you believe that?  Do I?  It is only by Him that our hearts can fully love Him, fully follow Him.  I don't want to give up.  I don't want to lose heart.  Jesus is worth our everything- every part of our heart- all of our heart & all of our soul. [Ephesians 3:14-21]

"So I ask you to not lose heart" Ephesians 3:13 

Choose to give Him all of your heart.
I love this sweet dog is waiting at the door of the coffee shop we are in, waiting for his owner.  He knows him- he loves him.  His eyes are fixed on the one who protects him & takes care of him.

Have you given up?  Are your eyes fixed on Jesus? Are you patiently waiting for our Lord to return?  Jesus is real.  He loves you.  Let go of all that holds you back.  Open your heart & give it to Jesus who deserves our everything.

I want to be like that dog :)

No comments: