nor the fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
This is what the Lord brought me to today. Thank goodness. I need His strength. My little ones keep waking earlier & earlier... and I am T I R E D.
There is literally soo much to do. The normal household chores + getting our house ready to put on the market + taking care of 2 little babes + enjoying life & my family (yes, that's on my list cause I don't want to miss out!)
But it's not all possible. At all. Not today. And I probably won't finish it tomorrow, either. Things go wrong. Plans get changed. Life happens. The good & the bad.
So what do I do?
Well, I re-write Habakkuk 3:17-19...
Though I continue to not get enough sleep,
and my toddler has more energy that is possible for me to keep up with,
the "to-do" list is beyond my capacity,
and the house always needs cleaning,
I get focused on "things" & lists more than my children,
and really I have no idea what I am doing;
YET... (such a beautiful word!)
I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Whatever it is... big or small... it will be OK. Not because I am great, or because I have it all together (cause I don't!) But because God is great! He is my strength! He will get me through anything... And He will do the same for you, too. We need to keep our eyes fixed on Him not on ourselves or our circumstances-- choose to go to Him with everything! Rejoice in Him. Make Him your joy.
{ Click here for more thoughts from me from Habakkuk }

1 comment:
I'm so glad I decided to read your blog today. I love you friend. Wish you lived next door.
Post a Comment