Sunday, January 27, 2013
Mmm. Cookies.
I love the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip cookies. But I will admit that over the years, my consistency has been non existent... or maybe I was consistent... cause usually my cookies were always flat! But still delicious, I saw no reason to stray from my usual recipe. But....
...then I wondered... "Could this amazing cookie be better?" My answer was "yes, yes it can!"
One day, on accident. I did it. They were the perfect height, consistency, everything -- but I didn't know what I did differently! So after that I was determined to try again... AND remember!
So here it is. Perfection at its finest. Enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or stick margarine, softened*
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
handful of course sea salt
*The butter is the trick! If straight of the fridge, put the sticks in the microwave for 5 sec. Flip, then do 5 more sec. Then that's it! It's really not that much softer, but just enough-- that's why the electric mixer works better than a spoon cause its still really too cold to mix with a spoon. And if you leave your batter out too long, you need to put it back in the fridge to get the butter colder again.
1. Heat oven to 375
2. Beat sugars, butter, vanilla (let the vanilla run over a little!!) & egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed (or with a spoon, but I use a mixer). Stir in flour, baking soda & salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown (centers will be soft). *don't overcook!!!
5. When removed from oven, immediately sprinkle with course sea salt.
(Betty Crocker's recipe + course sea salt)
Posted in
in the kitchen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment