Saturday, September 13, 2008

goodbye roma!

through Campus Crusade for Christ, many universities in the states has a partnership(s) with universities overseas.  One of ours at Miami University is Rome, Italy; known as Agape Italia.  Our team is leaving for Rome tomorrow (Sunday)!!!  

Thursday night we had a going away celebration for them.  It was a really special time to let them know how much we love them & how excited we are for them to go.  Some friends & I prepared the dinner & decorated the house for the large group.
I don't know how we got it all done on time! But it happened!
The Rome STINT (Short Term INTernational) Team-- made up of recent Miami U & Kent State grads; 
(top row, L-R) Jimmy (MU 08), Chris (MU 07-2nd yr. on STINT), Brian (MU 08), Sam (MU 08), Ella  (MU 08) 
(bottom row, L-R) Kanda (MU 07- 2nd yr. on STINT), Kerry (Kent 07) , April (MU 08), Jenny (Kent 07)
cheers to Roma!  Wi vogliamo bene!

From the States to Roma!
They also were able to speak at our weekly meeting & cast vision for how our students here in the states can partner with them while they are in Rome this year.  It was really neat to have them all up there together & invite the students to come to Rome with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen (and Scott),
I'm excited for the Rome team, but I must admit that reading your blog account made me cry. . . I know that your heart will go with that team!
In His love,
Mom