Tuesday, August 16, 2011

project time.

I've been going crazy all summer with all these ideas & no resources to do them!  (or space in our car to bring it home...)  So FINALLY I get to get my creativeness going & fill our house, turning my ideas into reality.  

First on my list.  { Chalkboard for our kitchen }
It was perfect timing.  I was driving Wes around the other night (since he has a double ear infection, bed time has been a disaster-- so car rides it is!!)  and drove by a house with all kinds of stuff in front with a sale sign.  Who would expect a garage sale at 8pm on a Friday night!?  So I pulled over.  Almost drove off immediately.  But I reversed, because this frame caught my eye!!  I asked the man how much... $4!!!!  I love Oxford!  I didn't have any cash on me... and he was totally just going to give it to me & gave me his card & told me to call him when I got the $$.  WOW!  Well, since I was just driving to drive Wes asleep, I drove home, got some cash & drove back.  I must say, probably one of my best finds!!!

I bought a wood board today - sprayed it with the chalkboard paint - took out the horrible painting that was inside - put hooks on the back to hang it up - and done!  

*I used this to hold it in place so you can write without the frame moving around.

What's extra great is that the way the frame is there is a huge "lip" up top that holds the chalk!  And you can't even really see it :)

You can see the grain a little bit through the chalkboard paint... Which I debated if I liked that or not.  But, it writes like butter since its wood (I've tried glass before). So my conclusion is that I love it!

Here it is:

My second project... Yes. I did 2.  In one day (partly because we were trying to let Wes "cry it out" so he was upstairs for a long time... never cried it out...that's a whole other story)  


Anyways... Here it is:
{ A doorstop }
All it is is rope coiled together held together by hot glue.  And there is a plastic baggie with sand inside to give it some extra weight.  That's it.  

Hopefully its a "baby friendly" door stop, because the plan is for it to hold Wes' door open in his bedroom (we quickly realized the ceramic baseball player was not baby proof!)  

We'll see if the rest of my days before work really begins again next week look like this one.  Probably not.  But I'll keep you updated!

No comments: