Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How to talk to little girls.

{ my niece }

I just read this post & it is so lovely (based off this article).  After spending last few weeks with 3 little girls + some time with my niece + an evening at a wedding with 2 of Scott's little cousins, I was completely inspired!

The article is about how we tend to let the first words out of our mouths (if not our whole conversation) to little girls be addressing how beautiful they are-- their hair, eyes, smile, clothes, etc... And then we wonder why girls grow up obsessing over their looks & find it more valuable than anything else?! I know this is NOT what I want to communicate to these precious girls! 

I can't wait till the next time I get to see all of these lovely little ladies & have a real conversation with them about something other than their looks... even though they are beautiful!  I hope I can help each of them realize where their beauty really comes from!

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised"

"Do not let your adorning be external -- the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear -- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." 1 Peter 3:3-4

* If you know a little girl, or think you may ever talk to one... READ THIS! *

1 comment:

baby mama said...

Love it sis! You are so sweet!!