This is when their little personality is slowly coming out! Our little guy really had some big belly laughs this month!! And begun grabbing/batting at toys.
{ schedule } same as 1 month> Feeding: Nurse every 2.5-3 hours (8-10 feedings a day; may go down to 7 if sleeping 7-8 hrs a night)
> Wake time: Suggested wake time is 40-60 min. (no more than 2 hours)
> Sleep: 6-8 naps a day; maybe sleeping 7-8 hours a night
Follow your baby's rhythm: earlier bedtimes & longer night sleep periods develop
{ sleep }
Sleep goals: same as weeks 1-8
from Chronicles of a Babywise Mom:
1. baby sleeps when he should
2. baby sleeps when he should,
3. baby sleeps when he should,
We started transitioning him to his pack n play- I probably would've started putting him in his crib but we were about to take a trip, so I didn't want to get him used to his crib then have to transition him again so quickly! So we did the pack n play first and started putting him in there for some naps & bedtime. At the end of this month when we got home we started putting him in his own crib!
*He still slept really well wherever! Not as much in the arms always, but for sure in his car seat or stroller, if we put him in there and rocked it he would fall asleep when he needed to.
I also started swaddling only half his body-- I left his arms out! He liked the tightness on his "body" but would get really upset if his arms weren't free... so, we let them free!!
{ baby stuff : I'd buy this again }
> I'll start with an important but controversial one: Diapers! Let me just say this cause I'm not going into disposables verse cloth (but check this out if you're debating), IF you are going with disposable, get Pampers :) I didn't try them all, but I tried Seventh Generation & Huggies-- both leaked terribly! If you want to be cautious of fragrances, etc. get Pampers Sensitives (that's what I used the first 3 months).

> Jesus Storybook Bible: Best Bible ever!!! (For adults too, not kidding!) Just get it. And start reading!!!
{ tips }
> cell phone: when your sweet one starts crying when sleeping in a dark room I bring my cell phone with me when I go to check! Why, you may ask? 1) I use the light from it to check for a dirty diaper (I can't see in the dark & I do not want to turn on the light to wake him even more!) 2) in case I decide he's waking cause he's hungry I have my phone with me to use my TotalBaby timer to clock his feeding
> start reading! If you haven't yet (like I hadn't!) start reading now about beginning a routine for your little one. As I've said before I've made a combo of Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Child & Babywise. But start doing your research on what you'd like to do. Many do start with routines from day 1, but "majority" say 3 months (at least that's what majority told me!).
No comments:
Post a Comment