Sunday, January 25, 2009

day 9

One more day!!  I mean, its been fun updating this everyday-- but I can't wait till this countdown is over & my husband is finally back home!  He is in route thankfully, I got an email from him in Germany, so hopefully he'll be here tomorrow evening.
(Scott in Florida before he left for Spain)
Well, not the most exciting day to fill you in on.  I went to church in Oxford, which was really good!  The pastor shared from Acts about the life of Apollos.  Apollos was a man who learned/well-educated, had passion, boldness... and humility.  Humility doesn't usually end a list like that.  Apollos had every reason not to be humble.  But when you have Jesus in your life, He gives you the ability to be balanced, and through His power you can look different.  And Apollos used his education & passions to serve the Lord fervently, with passion!
(sunset: oxford, oh)
I want to be a person that uses my gifts & abilities to grow God's Kingdom.  I want my passions to be focused on Jesus-- I want my passion for Him to burn deep within my soul so that the only option is for it to shine brightly for all to see!

"People don't learn all of what you teach.  They learn what you're excited about, what you're passionate about" -DA Carson

Sometimes I know that my passion for other things is all people see... photography, ministry, design... But I want my passion for the Lord to be what people see about me.  To know that I am God's humble servant!  

What are you passionate about?

No comments: