Tuesday, January 20, 2009

day 4 [inauguration day]

Today was a normal Tuesday for me.  Started my day of with the Lord, did some laundry & dishes after work.  The best part was when I got a phone call, yes I said it, a phone call from my husband!!  He called me all the way from Spain.  Did I mention that he loves me?  He spent a lot of money on that call.  And it was worth every penny!  Then tonight I went to our small group Bible study, sadly, alone... but thats ok, cause there were a lot of great friends there!


We talked about taking risks for the Lord.  And while I was driving home, I started thinking about the apostle Paul.  He said "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."  And I was thinking, "why was Paul not afraid?"  He was such a fearless man- taking risks.  After being stoned, Paul got back up, and went back into the city!  I mean, seriously?  Do I live this way?  (the answer is "no")  

But I do know how Paul was able to...  He believed God for who He really is.  He believed that God is good, faithful & victorious.  Paul believed God's Word.  He trusted that when Jesus spoke of heaven being like a treasure hidden in a field, He meant it- heaven is a treasure, worth everything!  

If I truly believed God for who He is, to live is Christ, because I live because He is my life & everything I do in my life is & should be for Him.  And to die is gain, because He is worth everything, and He says that His Perfect Kingdom is worth it all.  

So what does this mean?  It means that I shouldn't worry what tomorrow will bring, because I don't know!  But God does.  And He is good.  He loves me, and He loves you!   If the Lord wills maybe I will live tomorrow & do great things, & maybe I won't.  But either way...my options are looking pretty good.  

And that my friends is what we call hope.  Hope is only worth calling it hope if you put your hope in something thats worth hoping in.  And the hope I found is found in the secure foundation of faith in Jesus Christ & the life that He gives to all who believe in Him.  So, if He is who He says He is (and He is!)... I trust Him with my life, whatever that may be. 

So you want to talk about "hope" today?  Jesus is our hope!  He is our hope that is worth risking living & dying for.  A hope that is worth risking your whole heart.

...Are you ready to take a risk?

No comments: