Monday, June 30, 2008

my favorite thing

So this is the Bible Scott gave me for my wedding gift, and its beautiful!  And I wanted something beautiful to put it in, and to keep it safe.  Some other wise people had made little box holders out of the box that the Bible came in.  I thought that was a great idea!  So I did the same, with a little embellishment....  

First, I glued the box together with some hot glue.  Then I cut out the top so that I could easily slide my bible in and out.  Then, I covered my box with some paper that I love, wrapping it like a present and hot glueing it together.Finally I added a plaque to the front with, you guessed it, hot glue of course and wrote the word inside "Speranza" which means "Hope" in Italian.  It just makes me happy every time I look at it, and reminds me of the hope that I have in Jesus and His Word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures of your cool Bible! How are you so creative?