I believe that there is a trifecta affecting each of our lives. Each day I am convinced more & more of it's negative effects on us & I feel I must share it. It involves the following:
1. What you put ON your body
2. What you put IN your body
3. What you DO
I also am convinced that we are whole people. You can't pick parts of your life OR body & say that one does not effect the other. That would be false. With this belief, the trifecta is absolutely necessary to examine & make the appropriate changes.
Why?
Because if the following isn't you, it's probably someone you love.
I wonder if SOME (some -- not all -- we are each individuals with our own pasts & unique bodies with many different reasons why we could be dealing with the following) of the reasons why so many of us deal with depression, anxiety, doubt & stomach/digestion issues is due to this trifecta. And that if we pursue healing in these 3 areas, the other areas that are affecting these issues will actually stand a chance to heal!
So this is why I believe what I do about this bad trifecta:
1. What you put ON your body:
In case you didn't know this already... the products you rub into your skin DAILY are filled with a bunch of bad chemicals that you can't even pronounce. That means every day you are having toxic chemicals seep into your skin, into your bloodstream... SICK! ...Apparently this is more dangerous than what you eat!! What goes into your skin affects your organs, your immune system & more.
* PRINT THIS: EWG wallet guide
Article: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: Facts verses Fairytales
EWG Skin Deep: * You can type in products & see how toxic they are or aren't!!!
"It's our mission at Environmental Working Group to use the power of information to protect human health and the environment. EWG's Skin Deep database gives you practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposures to chemicals."
I hope I don't need to say much about this one. I'm sure you know enough to know that you need to eat right to be healthy. But what you may not know is the crazy connection between your mind & gut. When one's got issues, most likely so does the other. Hmm... is that why my stomach hurst when I'm nervous? Yes.
...Anxioussness lead you to the bathroom? Can't get over a mental block/fear in your mind + you have IBS?
If you want to heal your mind/brain you have to heal your GUT!
2b. Beware: the drugs and medications we take damage our entire gut ecosystem. So THINK TWICE before taking drugs/meds next time! Maybe try something else first.
Article: The brain gut connection
3. What you DO:
You didn't think I was going to leave the real bad guy out did you? That would be satan.
Yes, I believe he plays a big part in this. I can only speak for Americans since I am one, living in America. And I believe that satan specifically has targeted us with busyness.
For me, when I am busy, there is no room left for Jesus. I don't think about Him. I don't talk to Him. My life is not affected by Him. I am focused on me & what I need to do & where I need to go.
STOP.
Just stop. Think. Pray. Listen. Relax. BE REFRESHED by the One who wants to refresh you! The Only One who truly can refresh you. He made you. He knows you. He'll provide. He'll provide the time. He'll provide the answers. Whatever it is, He's got it under control. It may look 100% different than what you thought it would be. But trust me, His way is better. So it's OK to let the Only One who is actually in control be in control. God wants to heal you. He wants to be a part of every part of your life & in every minute because He loves you.
It will be really hard to believe Truth if you don't know it, if you don't know Him. It will be really hard to figure out the best way to live life if you never know what the One who created life says about it.
What do you need to do slow down? To be refreshed?
For my family we have found these things to be true...
... we need to say "no" to good things, sometimes great things (the bad things are usually easy to say no to).
... scheduling time with Jesus in our daily plans.
... scheduling working out (back to #2).
... not filling every minute of our day with a schedule!
... saying "yes" to fun things.
... inviting people into our home, our daily life - COMMUNITY!
... taking a Sabbath. A real one. It's a command.
" 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that isdebauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart,20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ." Ephesians 5:15-21
Examine your life-- make the BEST use of your time, not just good use, the BEST.
Know/understand what God's will is for your life -- don't TRY to decide your own, it will fail, I promise (by the way, God makes His will pretty clear in scripture -- this simple word search can get you started)
Be filled with the Spirit -- cause that's the only way you can live the way God talks about, the way we are designed to.
Live in community-- one of the best ways God chooses to love us & teach us is through OTHERS.
Give thanks always-- a thankful heart can change your world, I also promise that.
When our bodies are healthy, our mind can think correctly. Correct thinking comes from Jesus. And that is why we need to slow down & choose to live our lives possibly very different from others. When we think correctly, your heart can heal (I think its pretty stinking hard to heal your heart when your thinking is wrong). I hope that you experience freedom from whatever it is that may be holding you down, healing where you are broken.
Jesus is our ultimate healer. He can & will heal, He WILL redeem ALL things. We just have to wait...
Good things are worth waiting for... waiting with a thankful heart.
* Personal testimony to come.
* Products I use (now) to come.
1 comment:
And yet another amazing post!!! Gosh girl - the Lord is filling me up through you today!!!
Post a Comment