Thursday, June 30, 2011

{ freed to love & be loved }

Last night we had a beautiful evening-- it was our women's conference  for our summer project.  The theme was "Jesus girls: risking it all to follow our call" after a James Bond "Bond girls" theme.  It was so fun!  
 { the room before all the ladies arrived }
{ a few of the lovely ladies all dressed up }

We had 4 different talks on ways that that women had taken risks in an area in their life.  And I was given the opportunity to share about something that the Lord has taught me soo much about over the years- taking risks in friendships!  

It was my first time ever speaking in front of a group with a planned talk! (verse doing a panel, or just sharing from the hip, etc) We had to give it 4 times too!  Anyways, I recorded it so that I could critique myself (not fun!!) ...and I def realize how fast I talk! OOPS!!  TAKE A BREATH, KRISTEN!  So I feel really vulnerable about doing this... But... I LOVE what I was able to share, and was challenged to share it with you too!  So here it is! AH!!!  Feel free to take a listen (11 min).  It's not perfect, but it has changed my life & prayerfully maybe the Lord may use it in yours too!

{ Click here to listen }

No comments: