Wednesday, March 30, 2011

vintage blocks + wes.

Today I picked up my hubs from work & took a quick stop at the antique store on our way home.  We have gone there soo many times over the past few years & have never bought anything... until today!  Our first purchase: vintage blocks.  Aren't they adorable?!  I'm so glad we found the right letters to be able to spell something for our little guy.

And bonus, the lion & the lamb blocks!  I love that something as simple as a toy block can help Westin look to Jesus & understand more of His character.
 Here's a photo of the blocks up on his bookshelf.

ps Joel, I feel like you should get two shout outs in this photo -- Your sweet gift + I found something in our car the other day & it made it to Wes' room! Look familiar??
 The little man was crawling around on the floor while I put  his blocks up -- I couldn't resist to take a few of him.  I mean, I like the blocks and all... but this face... and that drool!
...oh, and THOSE EYES!!!

1 comment:

Joel H said...

Love it! Wes is such a cute little man! I can't wait to see him again! I love that the handmade giraffe made it safe from Cairo! And yes..I do recognize Jamal - it has been too long my friend!

Thanks for the shout out Kristen!!
Miss you and Scott tons!