Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the beginning of the end.

well, I think it's time... that I start packing... apparently it's a good idea to have my hospital bag packed by 8 months. So here we are. But I'm not really sure what to pack... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

.Bird. said...

AHHH so exciting!!! I can't wait for him to arrive - you are going to LOVE being a mom!

The main things I brought were a few outfits and baby blankets for Oliver (so he'd have smells from our house), several burp cloths, breast pump and a couple bottles(in case of any problems), a few jugs of water (for drinking - but that's only because I don't like the taste of city tap water... it's definitely not a necessary thing to bring), 2 or 3 of my own pillows (hospital pillows are very thin), a couple of comfy outfits and slippers for myself (pack cool and warm things, because your hormones might make you get hot and cold flashes and you'll want to be able to adjust to them), toiletries, snacks, camera and batteries, computer and charger, cell phone and charger, phone numbers for "announcing", obviously the car seat, a pillow and blanket for husby, Phase 10 (for labor - I only played it for like 10 minutes, but it was nice to take my mind off of things), any labor items (tennis ball, massage stuff, etc.)... I think that's the only stuff I used - I packed a bunch more but never needed it. Most of this was grabbed on the way out the door - I had an elaborate baby bag packed but then realized I needed other things as we left.

You'll do great!