so... I can not make up my mind! Cloth or disposable diapers?? One day, I want to do cloth... the next, it's disposable. And what about green disposables??!disposable negatives.
dyes/bleach- can cause allergic reactions
fragrance- can cause headaches, dizziness, rashes
costs $50-80 per month
*for green- $$$
disposable positives.
much more convenient when traveling
require fewer changes (absorbency)
cloth negatives.
can cause rashes by not being changed enough or properly cleaned & sanitized
extra time to clean & launder
change more frequently
not as convenient- you have to carry dirty diapers with you
cloth positives.
costs $25-60 per month
greener
safer on baby's skin
easier to tell when diaper is wet - change more to avoid rashes
hmm... what do you think??
3 comments:
Well you already know what my vote is! I did find that he was more prone to diaper rashes with the cloth, but the Bottom Balm I recommended helped that go away really fast! Now I use it every time I change him, just to avoid any potential rash, and haven't had any problems!
another thing - I actually found that I changed the disposable diapers much more frequently than the cloth - I think cloth absorbs more... also, I think I have only ever had maybe 2 times where he wet "through" the diaper cover, whereas with disposables he wet through them all the time - I changed his clothes like 2 times a day in the first few weeks!
Cloth diapers are more of a pain to travel with - but again, you can always use disposables if you're gone for a weekend and won't have easy access to a washing machine!
I vote for cloth!! (you get to pick pretty color covers!) ;)
i have debated over this same thing. my friend even loaned me some of her bum genius cloth diapers to try. Kevin hated how big her bottomed looked in them...which is funny because he never cares about those things. i mean you should see the outfits he puts her in, hilarious. but with having the washer and dryer outside and no hot water to wash them in we have been using the nature care diapers. but i really want to do cloth. This is my friend that i tried the diapers from http://mrsbic.blogspot.com/search/label/Cloth%20Diapers
She is genuine, real and not bias. ultimately you have to do what fits your family best. love ya
I like the bum genius diapers, in theory... but honestly I WAY prefer doing prefolds and covers! The pocket diapers are a huge pain (you have to stuff the inserts into them each time and then take them out for each wash, and who wants to do that on top of already doing way more laundry?) I honestly don't see the benefit. I think people assume all-in-ones and pocket diapers are easier, but I don't think that's true... prefolds and covers are great and I love doing it, even though it's more work!
(okay, I'll get off of my soap box now!)
Post a Comment