Thursday, October 1, 2009

gluten-free.

well, that's right. For the next 6 weeks I am gluten-free. I went to a new doctor here in town, who explained a lot of stuff about my body that I don't really remember, but it made sense, and he put me on this diet.

I'll try to explain...
he said that when you experience a tragedy, your stomach gets messed up (just roll with me here...) And when your stomach is messed up, your body struggles with the ability to absorb nutrients. So when you heal your intestine, your nutrient absorption improves.

malabsorpotion inteferes with things that regulate your mood & anxiety, such as tryptohpan with produces serotonin... hmm...

folic acid deficiency can cause fatigue, apathy & forgetfulness.
Iron deficiency, with or without anemia, can produce feelings of tiredness and easy fatigue.
vitamin D- most deficient vitamin related to mood.

so why gluten-free?
gluten sensitivity affects the nervous system more than any other system in the body. Inflammation of the stomach is caused by malabsorption and GLUTEN. Protein, dairy and cereal grain proteins suppresses CNS serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine levels.

hope I somewhat made sense...
so, we repair my gut, fill me with all the nutrients my body is lacking, and I'll be good as new. Well, I guess we'll see. But its worth a try! I like being healthy.


my new fav blog for the next 6 weeks:

my first gluten-free indulgence...
gluten-free pumpkin corn muffins. mmmm.
get the recipe here.

No comments: