we had our friends beth & baron over tonight for dinner. We wanted to grill out since they live in an apartment & can't grill... but I also know their love & appreciation for good, creative food. So I thought I'd try a new sauce! We all REALLY liked it!
*with grilled steak
yield: 4 servings
8 tablespoons (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, divided
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 large fresh rosemary springs
2 tablespoons orange juice
melt 6 tablespoons butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add minced shallot & cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar & rosemary and simmer until syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat (balsamic sauce will separate as it stands).
remove rosemary sprigs from balsamic sauce; add orange juice and bring to simmer. Remove saucepan from heat; add remaining 2 tablespoons chilled butter & whisk until melted & sauce is smooth. Season sauce to taste with salt & pepper. Drizzle some of sauce over grilled steak. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment