Thursday, September 18, 2008

a day with the Lord


one of the coolest things about our job is that we are required to take a day with the Lord-- knowing that we can't keep "pouring out" into others lives if we are not being personally "poured into" ourselves.  So they know us staff well, that we will work, work, work & not actually take a day off, so now it is required each month.  I LOVE MY JOB!

So today was my day to spend with Jesus.  Scott & I went to 2 different coffee shops in Hyde Park that we had never been to; awakenings & coffee emporium.  I love knowing that Jesus is with me wherever I am, & that I can spend time with Him & continue to get to know Him better.  I thought a lot about that today-- how I can experience His presence, that He is right by my side... that He is my treasure!

There are so many things that I hold onto so tightly.  Things that have taken Jesus' place in my heart, that have taken His throne.  He wants us to be wholly surrendered to Him.  Everything is already His & always has been.  He wants us to let Him into the dark places in our heart so that He can bring light there.  It's hard, but I'm continually opening my hands & giving what is His to Him-- I have nothing, yet I have everything because I have Jesus!  Opening our hands to Him is what lets us freely enjoy Him.  I don't want anything to hold me back.  I trust Jesus with my heart, I know He will take better care of it that I ever could.  

I'm thankful I can spend a day with my Lord & Saviour, to be refreshed by the only One who can refresh my soul.  

No comments: